In 1943 General Von Arnim was captured in Tunisia with this Steyr 270/1500A/2 Light Truck and Staff Car
This car’s manufacturer was based in Steyr, Austria. Founded initially as a rile maker, it then began making bicycles before expanding during World War One and eventually employing Hans Ledwinka to lead their automobile business. The first Steyr car came in 1920 - the six cylinder Type II 12/40. Well built but heavy, this was superseded by sports versions that went on to win the company international acclaim.